Saturday, August 30, 2014

I'm not posting a title (or, the essence of not doing)

I am losing focus of my entrepreneurial goals.  I said it.  I don't make excuses for my actions (or inactions) whether they are at the office or in the home.  And it's easy to be distracted.  We have so much to compete against.  I don't have to go through the list of our daily distractions.  I've shared them in earlier blogs (see https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2474698936458418914#editor/target=post;postID=3174183968777868833;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=16;src=postname). IT'S SO EASY.  I've read articles on how to combat these distractions.  I've meditated (and continue to meditate; here's another shameless plug https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2474698936458418914#editor/target=post;postID=7334310094380346452;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=10;src=postname).  But we succumb.  It's not always media driven distraction.  Sometimes it's just life.  Maybe you're dealing with serious personal issues at home.  Or pressures at work.  Maybe you're drinking too much (or not enough; there's some duality for you.  That's what yin-yang is all about.  Don't be so hard on yourself).  Or maybe you're looking for a place to live (like I am). Pick a time of day, and you'll likely find more distraction than you care to even deal with anymore.  Focusing on finding a home where I don't have to pay property tax would make this process so much more pleasurable (one more https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=2474698936458418914#editor/target=post;postID=5805356391740649090;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=1;src=postname).  Just another distraction..the fact of the matter is, we are here, right here, right now.  Regardless of where "here" may be.  And in this presence, we should do by not doing.  That's right.  Doing by not doing.  I love this concept.  And when I apply it, it never fails.  Never.  Do you need help understanding this?  Simple concept.  The Tao Te Ching is full of simple concepts, many of which I don't understand, after reading them dozens of times.  I have a copy on my desk, and I refer to it often. So I keep reading it.  Over and over.  Some concepts are easily grasped.  The rest I'll understand once I'm enlightened, but by then I won't care anymore that I never understood them.  Anyway, here you go..

Chapter 63
Act without action
Manage without meddling
Taste without tasting
Great, small, many, few
Respond to hatred with virtue
Plan difficult tasks through the simplest tasks
Achieve large tasks through the smallest tasks
The difficult tasks of the world
Must be handled through the simple tasks
The large tasks of the world
Must be handled through the small tasks
Therefore, sages never attempt great deeds all through life
Thus they can achieve greatness
One who makes promises lightly must deserve little trust
One who sees many easy tasks must encounter much difficulty
Therefore, sages regard things as difficult
So they never encounter difficulties all through life
If this is too much, try this condensed interpretation by Oasis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8DRI-D7-WQ

"Be Here Now"

Wash your face in the morning sun
Flash your pen at the song that I'm singing
Touchdown bass living on the run
Make no sweat at the hole that you're digging 
Wrap up cold when it's warm outside
Your shit jokes remind me of Digsy's
Be my magic carpet ride
Fly me down to capital city in the sun

Kicking up a storm from the day that I was born
Sing a song for me one from 'Let It Be'
Open up your eyes get a grip on yourself inside.....


No comments:

Post a Comment